Re: How the IPnG effort was started

2004-11-23 00:01:30
On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Franck Martin wrote:
When we try to apply for address space, we are usually told to apply from the upstream ISP, but in this part of the world it is real easy to change upstream ISP every year due to satellite link. Therefore to avoid to redo the whole network IP every time pricing changes, it is better to assign a set to a "country" whose population is around 100,000 people more often less than that.

If there are 100,000 people on an island, and the island has one ISP, it should not be that difficult to justify the 200 /48's rule. What is the problem here?