Re: Last Call: 'Linklocal Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR)' to Proposed Standard

2005-08-26 13:17:05
hopefully convalesce Marshall Eubanks wrote following  important lines

why should a protocol that no-one will use be standards track ?
This discussion is beginning to remind me of the scientific standards processes involving the Soviet bloc that I was involved with during the Cold War. That is not a good sign...

and a very disrespectful person named  Keith Moore wrote:

Why should we accept a few (mostly axe-grinding) peoples' assertions that no-one will use it?

 Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
I think the fact that mDNS has been successful in the market place should be given a lot of consideration. At this point, something new has to be a A LOT better to be worth the extra implementation effort, and, more importantly: all the operational issues it will cause (if there is any uptake) for years to come. I'm afraid we're looking at a new ip6.int / ip6.arpa debacle. This stuff wastes SO MUCH time and effort that it's almost criminal to make these changes if there is no clear technical advantage.

Russ Allbery wrote:
Presumably the DNS working group has some incredibly strong arguments that trump running code or they wouldn't have made the choices that they have. Let's see them, and furthermore, let's see them *in the document* or at
least in a supporting informational document, since those of us on the
IETF mailing list are certainly not the only people who are going to have
that question.

Rob Austein wrote a lot of importand stuff and ...

 "How about tossing a coin?"

ladys and gentleman ,

i count over 170 application that are under deployment or allready successfully implemented why can t we have a constructional discussion how things could be progressed ?

<http://www.dns-sd.org/ServiceTypes.html>

pace Marc

-- "Pulvis et umbra sumus" - Staub und Schatten sind wir.

Les Enfants Terribles
www.let.de