Re: Alternative formats for IDs

2006-01-02 22:23:50

Yaakov Stein wrote:

I... And please do not write any IETF documents
while using a mouse from a certain proprietary company who holds
dozens of patents on mouse technology.

I would complain about that also, if I had to buy that mouse
in order to read a free ID.

More seriously, Word is the only commonly used editor
with an integrated tracking mechanism. I assume that even
the purists who insist on nroff occasionally write an ID
with others. I personally prefer to use TeX as a typesetting
format when writing on my own, but use word for IDs
since I have to cooperate with co-authors.

Try CVS or SVN and diff - works for everyone.

--

Doug Royer                     | http://INET-Consulting.com

              We Do Standards - You Need Standards