Re: objection to proposed change to "consensus"

2006-01-05 19:38:17
Sandy Wills wrote:

someone (I think Brian Carpenter is the poor guy stuck with
this job) will post a simple statement and ask if the
statement has concensus.  No multiple choice, no discussion,
just statement.  I hope it happens soon...

"The IETF should publish RFCs in the traditional text format,
 plus WordStar version 2.0 of 4/1/1987.  Henceforth, all
 posters suggesting MS Word will be drug from their homes
 and stoned in the street."
[...]
and we'll all start gathering rocks together.

Without an opportunity to sell fake beards for this episode in
the "Life of Brian" the proposal could meet some resistance ;-)

Not new, see http://article.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.general/13554
or the clear http://article.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.general/13658

                            Bye, Frank