RE: FW: IETF Last Call under RFC 3683 concerning JFC (Jefsey) Mor fin

2006-01-20 15:22:14
Sam,

        Clearly we should be thinking about some way to "charge"
participants for potentially abusing the IETF appeals process
in general.  There is some minimal processing time associated
with any appeal for everyone who has anything to do with it.

        I don't think posting rights is the way to do this.  For
one thing, it is obvious that this too can be appealed.

        Perhaps the appeal process should require that a token
cash amount must be deposited with some ISOC general fund -
with the provision that the deposit would be reimbursed if
the appeal is found to have merit?

--
Eric