Re: FW: IETF Last Call under RFC 3683 concerning JFC (Jefsey) Mor fin

2006-01-22 05:30:04
For the no-tv people like Karin and me:

Harper Valley P.T.A

USA / NBC/ 36x30m-e / 1981-82

First Episode: Friday 16 January 1981 / 8.00pm
 Last Episode: Saturday 14 August 1982 / 8.30pm
 Theme Music: Harper Valley P.T.A. by Tom T. Hall

Sitcom starring Barbara Eden as Stella Johnson a widow with a 13 year old
daughter, Dee. The pair lived in Harper Valley, Ohio, a Stepford Wives kind
of a place, sweet on the surface but with a sleazy undercurrent.
Stella was a very pro-active member of the school P.T.A. board a fact which
obviously gave the show it's title. The rest of the board thought Stella was far
too radical for them and were determined to be rid of her.
Leader of the PTA was the highly snooty Flora Simpson Reilly who hated Stella
with a passion. Reilly and her family played a big part in the series.
For season two there several changes (most notably the shortening of the title
to simply Harper Valley) with the PTA side of things taking a back seat and the
setting becoming more a traditional suburban one. Stella's inventor Uncle Buster
moved in with her and Dee for this season.
The show was actually based on the hit record of 1968 Harper Valley PTA by
Jeannie C. Riley which in turn led to the 1978 film of the same name which also
starred Barbara Eden as Stella.

Sorry for the long, long quote but yes that is exactly Harper Valley P.T.A

Thankyou King Harald from Norway for playing the most important role.

Thankyou Jefsey for playing the litning rod or
Thors Hammer Mjoelnir might have hit me.

We enjoyed the show but enuf is enuf.

Cheers from Peter and Karin

Anthony G. Atkielski wrote:
nick(_dot_)staff(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net writes:

haha(_at_)!!  I take a look at the IETF email after four months and
it's still the same discussion as when I left!

I notice the same thing.  The Harper Valley PTA is still very much at
work, but technical issues seem to be few and far between.

What, are you going to convince someone that indeed they really were
bothered by someones posts?

The idea is not to convince them, but to override them, so that what
they think doesn't matter.

--
Peter and Karin Dambier
The Public-Root Consortium