Re: List archives and copyright [WAS Re: John Cowan supports 3683 PR-action against Jefsey Morfin]

2006-01-23 15:20:45
Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:
<delurk><lawyer>

If you post to a list with a publicly announced public archive -- and
even more so if you are informed about the archive at the time you join
the list (hint: you usually are) -- then I think it's pretty clear under
US law [..]

IANAL but one really doesn't have to bother with US law, that really
doesn't apply to many folks (fortunately :) There is a much better thing
than US law, it's called IETF, and the fact that there is:
http://www.ietf.org/maillist-new.html which contains:
All IETF Contributions are subject to the rules of RFC 3978 and RFC 3979.
One gets a copy of this when signing up for the various lists.