Re: John Cowan supports 3683 PR-action against Jefsey Morfin

2006-01-23 18:32:58
At 17:32 23/01/2006, Jeroen Massar wrote:
Thus in your opinion you tolerate the behavior where people contact your boss for actions you take personally (IETF is on personal basis not on business basis, at least in theory) on a public forum!?

I do not want to add to the triggered DoS. I only suggest you do as Marhall did: read the archives and speak the truth. I obviously forgive John Cowan. But when you use your corporate mail to harass someone, his clients find it in Google. He can lose some, as we did or they can call your corporation. And you need help, what I provided; and he needs it to stop, what I obtained. I am surprised no one realises that a PR action is a license to publicly defame a person, terminate projects and kill small businesses or non-profits. That has consequences on him and on the people and R&D he subsidises (I am my own boss for 20 years). People may also get ashamed or feel stupid further on.

Should RFC 3066 be applied and the IANA manage, publish and control the ietf-languages(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no mailing list, appealing on competent local experts from everywhere, on an equal no harassment lingual opportunity basis, you would have never heard of me - except through my currently delayed projects. But RFC 3066 Bis cleaning, Tunis covenant, officially floated possible IANA sale start bettering the things. I won. Bickering and bittering will not change that on the long range. It should be time for everyone to accept the open use implications.

jfc