RE: IETF65 hotel location

2006-01-28 11:49:41
Hi,

This conversation of the IETF65 location started with an issue of
security.

I'd like to get this discussion back on track.
What are the security requirements for a distributed burrito
processing protocol?
If you are traveling from the conference hotel to a restaurant and are
mugged, is that considered a man-in-the-middle attack?

dbh

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of Spencer Dawkins
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 3:26 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: IETF65 hotel location

Hi, Mike,

If we could morph it into a signup system that distributed people
according to restauant capacity and avoided the problem
that someone
says "I hear there's a burrito place on X street" and a herd of
300
IETFers shows up there, since they don't know any other
places to go,
then you'd really have something.

I'm afraid it's beyond IETF's expertise to come up with
distributed burrito processing protocols.

Mike

If you think about this for a minute, you would realize that
(1) we not only
have protocols for this, but we have running code, and (2)
"too much focus
on distributed burrito processing" might explain a lot about
where we are
and how we got here! :-)

Thanks,

Spencer, who is wondering what a "dining protocol designers"
multitasking
algorithm might look like, with a burrito between every pair
of protocol
designers (with apologies to the dining philosophers)