Re: Progressing I-Ds Immediately Before Meetings

2008-07-18 15:22:43
Soooo,

How come I-Ds don't expire after publication has been requested? Could this be a field in the data base that could be accessed to allow continued submission of revisions regardless of cut-off dates?

Well, if it is too hard or needs many hours of volunteer time, the answer is obvious.

Adrian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Russ Housley" <housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com>
To: "Adrian Farrel" <adrian(_at_)olddog(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
Cc: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 7:19 PM
Subject: Re: Progressing I-Ds Immediately Before Meetings

Adrian:

This has been discussed many times, and there is no easy way for the Secretariat to distinguish these document from others. With the on-line Internet-Draft Submission Tool (IDST), it might be possible to search the database for such documents and let them through. However, we're trying to get the existing functionality working first. Frankly, we'd need a volunteer to write the code for this to be done anytime soon.

Russ