Re: About IETF communication skills

2008-07-31 19:35:56

+1 & well said

Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
To put it bluntly, I'm not at all in favor of trying to manage news
coverage, especially by organizational mechanisms.  Say what you mean,
say it clearly, and publish your own blog/newsletter/whatever if you
need to.  Complaints about misconstrued quotes are also appropriate,
because any system needs a feedback channel.  But trying to control the
press is not only worse than the disease, it's counter-productive.
(I'd be astonished if the reporter in question were not reading this
thread -- what will the next story be?)