Re: About IETF communication skills

2008-07-31 14:17:52
Lixia Zhang wrote:

> I'd like to share my own experience here: I was interviewed by exactly
> the same reporter some time ago, and I requested to review the article
> before publication. But the very next thing I learned was that the
> article had been published, and the interview misquoted.

My experience with that reporter is similar.

Mine, OTOH, has been the exact opposite. I've been interviewed by her several
times and I have always been happy with the results. (The same cannot be said
for several others.)

I came to believe that she
saw it as her job to misrepresent whatever information was given to her.

I hope she's not getting to attend IETF for free.

I don't know what the IETF's policy regarding attendance fees for journalists
is (a quick search of the IETF web site didn't turn up anything), but the
notion that people who write stuff we don't like should have to pay more is
truly asinine - think of the message THAT sends loud and clear.

                                Ned