Re: Extending the Dean Anderson PR-action to lists on tools.ietf.org

2009-04-17 12:59:48

Cullen Jennings wrote:
Should someone who is subject of a PR action just be automatically blocked from all IETF lists?

This strikes me as the essential question.

My own opinion is 'yes'.

A PR action is rare and serious and it comes about as a result of the person's significant misbehavior. The action is a community shunning, to protect the community. I do not see any benefit in protecting only part of the community.

If someone's behavior descends (rather than rises) to a point of needing a PR action then, really, that's an assessment that we are (all) better off keeping them away from us. It doesn't make sense to keep them away from us only for one room of our community meeting spaces.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking