Re: resignation business

2009-04-20 11:18:36
 In your previous mail you wrote:

   I gather that this has something to do with French capitals. Would
   that be whether a letter with an accent retains the accent when
   capitalized?

=> this was and is the rule but because of typewriters the rule was
suspended during the 20th century. Now typewriters are in museums
and current century is 21th. BTW accents can be necessary to avoid
some ambiguities (cf 2nd reference) so the rule (in this case :-) is
justified.

Regards

Francis(_dot_)Dupont(_at_)fdupont(_dot_)fr

PS: no comment about the main subject, there are procedures (including
appeal...).
PPS: ref: http://www.academie-francaise.fr/langue/questions.html#accentuation
and (paper only, no accent to stay in ASCII) le "Lexique des regles
typographiques en usage a l'imprimerie nationale" (incredibly useful,
unfortunately too light to strike with and as far as I know without
an equivalent in IETF English, even the RFC Editor recommends some books
I got).