Re: XML2RFC must die, was: Re: Two different threads - IETF Document Format

2009-07-05 10:40:05
On 5 Jul 2009, at 14:24, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
My apologies for the subject line. I'm very disappointed that the silent majority of draft authors isn't speaking up. I can't imagine that the vast majority of draft authors has absolutely no problems with XML2RFC. So I'm assuming they've been ignoring the thread, hopefully the new subject line will get some of them to chime in. If that doesn't happen I'll shut up and try to figure out why I have so much trouble with something that nobody else finds difficult.

I have no significant problems using xml2rfc, and find it easier to write Internet-Drafts using xml2rfc than I did using nroff, LaTeX, or Microsoft Word.

I also appreciate the added consistency in Internet-Draft formatting that has resulted since xml2rfc has been widely adopted. This makes it a lot easier to print drafts, since they have consistent page sizes and form-feed characters.

--
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/