Re: Advance travel info for IETF-78 Maastricht

2010-03-30 08:40:32

Ole Jacobsen пишет:
The PIN codes issued by US banks are for cash advances only, they are NOT the "required" PIN code that European credit cards use and won't work if you try to use them for a regular credit card payment. US cards do not (in general) require a PIN code for credit card payments.

When you pay with _credit_card_ to Dutch railway ticket machines you will be asked to enter PIN code (I always do so, when I am in Amsterdam). In that aspect these machines are working like ATMs. This is a Netherlands specific, I have never seen such ticket machine behavior in other countries.

Btw, if you use credit card, you will be surcharged E0,50 per ticket.

"OV-chipkaart" logo is already seen on some ticket machines, so I would be glad to get an advice where and how these "chipkaarts" can be bought and where it can be used except for train tickets purchase.

TIA,

dol@
Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj