Re: Last Call: Policy Statement on the Day Pass Experiment

2010-05-10 12:48:23
I fairly strongly support the IESG's proposed policy statement on the
day pass experiment.  I specifically belive that it is counter to our
ability to fund our ongoing activities to turn the day pass experiment
into a way to reduce the cost of attending IETF on an ongoing basis.  We
want to do what we can to keep the day pass as a mechanism for bringing
in new people and discourage its use for existing participants who want
to save a buck.  (This from someone whose last few IETFs have been
self-funded.)

I agree with the IESG's reasoning that members who have not committed to
the IETF on an ongoing basis don't make good nomcom members.  For these
and other reasons I support the IESG's statement.