Re: [newprep] WG Review: Stringprep after IDNA2008 WG (newprep)

2010-05-19 10:58:36
Le 10-05-18 14:27, Sam Hartman a écrit :
"Marc" == Marc Blanchet<marc(_dot_)blanchet(_at_)viagenie(_dot_)ca>  writes:

     Marc>  we had a discussion about the same subject: i.e. should we
     Marc>  restrict the scope to a specific set of documents to
     Marc>  review/update/... or do we keep some provision for other
     Marc>  documents coming in the stream that require "help" of the
     Marc>  newprep. I was arguing for the latter. To me, what you are
     Marc>  talking about is the latter. Obviously, some people wanted the
     Marc>  charter to be restrictive in order to not go all over the
     Marc>  place, and I agree in principle... However, this work is kinda
     Marc>  horizontal: touches many areas, so having a more large view of
     Marc>  the problem space and documents that depends on this newprep
     Marc>  work would be very valuable to the working group
     Marc>  work. Therefore, I'm more for opening a bit the charter for
     Marc>  the cases like the ones you are talking about.

I'm happy with a restrictive charter so long as the work areas
identified today (including mine) are included.

my guess is that we most likely will discover other issues/newprep potential "customers" as we go, that it might be useful to work on, since they have a lot of similarities with the others official in the charter. therefore, more "opened" than closed charter.

Marc.

I'm happy drawing a
line in the sand and saying "here's what we'll touch first," so long as
people who bring up items now get included.  I'd probably be happier
with a reasonably open charter.

I'm not at all happy if the items I bring up or other similar items
brought up now are excluded.

--
=========
IPv6 book: Migrating to IPv6, Wiley. http://www.ipv6book.ca