Re: draft-gennai-smime-cnipa-pec-08

2010-09-15 16:31:40
draft-gennai-smime-cnipa-pec-08 was reviewed by Dave Crocker on
August 8, 2010 [1].  I haven't seen any response to the review.

Although there was strong concerns about this draft during the
Last-Call, the IESG has approved publication.  Quoting some comments
made recently by an Area Director:

 "I don't think that it specifies well requirements it is trying to
  fulfil and it doesn't use email infrastructure well while doing that."

And a previous comment:

 "This is really hackish. Display names are not intended to be used
like this."

Given that it's Informational, not standards track, and it appears to
do an OK job of describing the existing Italian setup for certifed
e-mail, it seems to me that it's appropriate to publish it to document
existing practice, even if none of us seem to think that it's very
good existing practice.

R's,
John