Re: DMARC and yahoo

2014-04-20 12:23:45
On 4/20/2014 12:52 PM, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

I took a different approach.  I left the bounce detection on but switched all
@yahoo.com accounts to digest mode.  Since the mail now comes from the list
instead of the @yahoo.com sender there are no rejections.   Not a perfect
solution but it prevents harm to non-(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com list participants.

Thats a good tip (Digest Mode) to pass on to our list operators.  Thanks.

However, what you going to do with when other domains begin to flip on the strict DMARC policy switch. There will be more domains doing this now that Yahoo is showing the payoff is high in increasing the security quality of their domain.

Keep in mind that this is just about dealing with the legacy existing user accounts. You SHOULD still honor the policy for at least new subscribers from yahoo.com accounts. You SHOULD also honor the policy for new submissions. But you believe you MAY ignore it and do some things to get around the domain's security policy.

The key is how to do all this in an automated protocol fashion, and it should begin with first honoring and correcting the DMARC draft specification for 3rd party resigner operations which it lacks.

--
HLS