Re: DMARC and yahoo

2014-04-20 15:27:28
On 21/04/2014 05:26, John C Klensin wrote:

--On Sunday, 20 April, 2014 12:52 -0400 Jeffrey Altman
<jaltman(_at_)secure-endpoints(_dot_)com> wrote:

I took a different approach.  I left the bounce detection on
but switched all @yahoo.com accounts to digest mode.  Since
the mail now comes from the list instead of the @yahoo.com
sender there are no rejections.   Not a perfect solution but
it prevents harm to non-(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com list participants.

IMO, this is quite elegant.  The Yahoo users continue to get the
messages, you don't get cluttered by rejection-related
complaints, and those Yahoo users who don't like the digest form
can take it up with Yahoo or find other accounts to use.

Unfortunately they can switch themselves back to normal mode
too. Digest mode is user-settable, and is very annoying because
it munges the Subject header. What's really needed is a DMARC-safe
mode (per subscriber) that optionally rewrites the From.

    Brian