Re: Moderation on ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org

2014-07-22 11:36:28

On 22/07/14 17:22, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 12:16:18PM -0400, IETF Chair wrote:

I want to clarify what the mail said. It said we are planning to do this and
called for feedback. A decision will be made after discussion.

Since we're clarifying, I'm wondering whether you mean moderation in
the way it usually does, or in the way it socially does.

That is, is the plan to turn on the moderation feature of mailman?  Or
is the plan instead to have a group of people who are basically much
more active seargents-at-arms, catching people when they go over the
line and then moderating those individuals quickly if things continue
to proceed?  Your text seemed to suggest the latter, but in the
context of mailing lists "moderation" usually means the former.

Yes, the latter is what we've been discussing as Jari said.

But one more clarification: we don't think those moderators
would be empowered to prevent people mailing to the list even
if those people misbehave, that remains for the sergeant at
arms role was the plan. Its defo more social than enforcement.

Best regards,