Re: Formal IESG Teleconference WebEx and Dial-in Information

2014-09-16 18:31:57
On 9/12/14 10:46 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

How about listing it in Pacific Time, and list the UTC converted time
and including that as well?

A perfectly fine plan for any given meeting. For any given meeting, we could also list it *only* in UTC if we wanted to, but....

how about listing it in WGST (greenland) and list the UTC as well?

A perfectly bad plan, because if you put in your calendar program "every two weeks at 13:30 WGST", come next month you will show up at the wrong time for the Oct 30 telechat.

Pacific Time (and not coincidentally also Eastern Time, Central Time, and Mountain Time) gives you actual information, because the time of the meeting *does* change during the year relative to UTC (and WGST and loads of other time zones). As I said earlier, noting somewhere that the meeting always occurs relative to Pacific Time *is* useful information.

what don't we get about *international* organization?

Again, we can change the meeting to always be fixed in UTC and move it twice a year for everyone in a place that does summer time. Fine with me. Equal shared suffering. But given the current scheduling of the meeting, stating the schedule is *not* anti-international.

pr

Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478