Re: IETF areas re-organisation steps

2014-12-26 16:53:56
On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 04:47:48PM -0600, Nico Williams wrote:
Again, if too much structure is the problem (the WG square pegs not
fitting in the "area" circular slots), then reducing the amount of
structure seems likely better than adding structure.

Reducing the amount of structure now might allow for a better structure
-that we can't yet see- to arise organically.

If we're going to experiment, try reducing structure.

Another benefit of this approach is that it will allow the IESG to be
right-sized more easily, with the IESG asking for more members if it's
overloaded, and the NOMCOM not nominating anyone for open-but-unneeded
positions.

Nico