mhonarc-users

Re: feedback on public archiving service

1998-04-13 11:59:53
On Fri, 10 Apr 1998 21:36:11 -0400
jeff <jeff(_at_)alum(_dot_)mit(_dot_)edu> wrote:

Hi all, I am trying to get a MHonArc based public archiving service
off the ground.  The main goal is ease of use and ease of adding new
lists for archiving.

The site is at http://ark.jab.org. Let me know what you think!  Any
and all feedback is appreciated.

As a regular archive user: author indexes are *VERY* useful.  I was
surprised to see you didn't have them.  I'd also tend towards making
longer indexes.  I've largely settled on between 1,500 and 2,000
messages per index being a reasonable size that provides good thread
overview without breaking too many threads across index boundaries.

-------

I was also very surprised (and dismayed as there was something I
wanted to look for on the redhat list) that you didn't provide a
search facility with something like Wilma...

--
J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw(_at_)null(_dot_)net
(Contractor)                               Internet: coder(_at_)ibm(_dot_)net