mhonarc-users

Re: feedback on public archiving service

1998-04-15 11:28:06
On Wed, 15 Apr 1998 05:18:08 -0400
Jim Hart<jhart(_at_)abacus(_dot_)bates(_dot_)edu> wrote:

J C Lawrence wrote:
I'd also tend towards making longer indexes.  I've largely settled
on between 1,500 and 2,000 messages per index being a reasonable
size that provides good thread overview without breaking too many
threads across index boundaries.

If this is referring to the number of messages per page, I disagree.

Yep, its the number of messages per page on the index pages.

The current number of messages per page is plenty for someone with a
28.8 connections.

<shrug> I'll note that I'm offering my MHonArc archives via a 28.8K
dedicated dialup connection.  Browsing them here from work is quite
usable.

--
J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw(_at_)null(_dot_)net
(Contractor)                               Internet: coder(_at_)ibm(_dot_)net