Re: [Nmh-workers] better HTML rendering for selective emails

2014-12-20 13:30:07
I am looking another solution.
I have tried exmh, but it's not really better.

Yeah, the old HTML interpreter in exmh is kind of lousy.

So I'm back to thinking about an IMAP server on top of MH (running on my
desktop) plus thunderbird running wherever, read-only access is just fine,
and it comes to UW-IMAP as the best solution.   I just want to be sure I'm
picking the best solution here.

Personally that seems like a lot of moving parts to me.  FWIW, I have been
pretty happy with the output from w3m, which nmh can use directly.

Another solution would extract the HTML into a file, and then tell my web
browser (which, if I'm SSH'into my desktop, is the browser on the machine I'm
SSH'ed *from*) to load that HTML file.

I'd go with this solution, if it was me.