Re: [Nmh-workers] better HTML rendering for selective emails

2014-12-21 13:04:05

Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> wrote:
    >> So I'm back to thinking about an IMAP server on top of MH (running on my
    >> desktop) plus thunderbird running wherever, read-only access is just
fine,
    >> and it comes to UW-IMAP as the best solution.   I just want to be sure
I'm
    >> picking the best solution here.

    > Personally that seems like a lot of moving parts to me.  FWIW, I have been
    > pretty happy with the output from w3m, which nmh can use directly.

I agree; it's a lot of moving parts.
I was also thinking that it would let me suck in calendar events; but since I
really want to suck them into google calendar, unless the google calendar
support in thunderbird/lightning has massively improved, or GMAIL now
supports important by IMAP (it doesn't), then it probably doesn't matter.
(I know someone is working on better calendar support too)

    >> Another solution would extract the HTML into a file, and then tell my web
    >> browser (which, if I'm SSH'into my desktop, is the browser on the
machine I'm
    >> SSH'ed *from*) to load that HTML file.

    > I'd go with this solution, if it was me.

I guess at this point, with "K e" in mh-e, I just need to come up with a
better shell script that puts the file into the right place, and sees if it
can use $DISPLAY to talk to my running browser, rather than dbus.

]     mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on
rails    [