Re: [Nmh-workers] better HTML rendering for selective emails

2014-12-21 12:31:29

David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org> wrote:
    >> >[Michael wrote:]
    >> >Another solution would extract the HTML into a file, and then
    >> >tell my web browser (which, if I'm SSH'into my desktop, is
    >> >the browser on the machine I'm SSH'ed *from*) to load that
    >> >HTML file.
    >>
    >> I'd go with this solution, if it was me.

    > And explicit extraction shouldn't be necessary.  Something like:

    > mhshow-show-text/html: firefox %F

okay.  I don't want to do this on every email (so I'll want to use an alias,
once I recall how. I think hard/soft link on mhshow should work).

But, btw, that no longer invokes firefox on the $DISPLAY, but on one's
original desktop, due to use of dbus rather than ICCM, I'm told.  So I do
need to push the file some place which has a "common" (sshfs-mount), and
massage the file name slightly.  So there is some stuff I need to massage.

I wonder if the mh_profile should have a pointer to mhshow man page?
As in:
   mh_profile entries of the type mhshow-* are documented in mhshow(1).

]     mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on
rails    [