Extraneous ignore-write-error flag ignored

2001-11-14 10:14:04
Hello,

I recently moved from version 3.13 to 3.15 to pick up the security fixes.
After moving to this version I noted that there were a number of errors of
"procmail: Extraneous ignore-write-error flag ignored"  in my log file.
I looked through the code to see why this warning is occurring but was
unable to determine what this warning was or why it was occurring.

Does anyone else know what this warning/error means or why it is occurring?

Most of my procmail rules are used to call a program via the PIPE
mechanism.  The program is written in perl and is used to parse the email
and put it into mail management software.  Despite the error message I
have not observed any problems with the software and it continues to
deliver mail as I would expect.

Thanks for your help,
Andrew