Re: Extraneous ignore-write-error flag ignored

2001-11-14 10:42:54
After moving to this version I noted that there were a number of
errors of "procmail: Extraneous ignore-write-error flag ignored"  in
my log file.  I looked through the code to see why this warning is
occurring but was unable to determine what this warning was or why it
was occurring.

It will be much easier to offer help if you show us the logs and the
recipes that are causing this error to be logged.

Are you applying the 'i' flag to a recipe where the action delivers to a
mailbox, forwards to another address or is a nesting block?

I would guess that you have a recipe like:

  :0 i
  * some condition
    * some other condition
    | myprog.pl
  }

instead of:

 :0
 * some condition
 {
   :0 i
   * some other condition
   | myprog.pl
 }

(note the position of the 'i' flag - which is the ignore-write-error
flag).

If that's not what's happening, give us the extra information and we can
try again.

Hope that helps,
Martin
--
Martin McCarthy                 /</                  PGP key available
    `Procmail Companion'        \>\  http://www.ancient-scotland.co.uk