Re: Executing a program as a recipient from ~/.procmailrc

2003-02-08 06:18:33
On 02/07/03 10:06 PM, Professional Software Engineering sat at the `puter and
typed:
At 23:28 2003-02-07 -0500, Louis LeBlanc did say:
One more question here.  I'm trying to execute spamassassin from a
users ~/.procmailrc file to add an address to their whitelist.
Unfortunately, procmail is running as root.

procmail should not be running as root by the time it reaches their
~/.procmailrc.  If it is, you have something configured terribly wrong, or
you're invoking it directly via an MTA alias, not as LDA.

I am calling procmail from the MTA.  I am also setting DROPPRIVS=yes,
but the call to spamassassin still only reads global configs and
whitelists.

Procmail also performs the final delivery to cyrus imap, via the
deliver program.

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc(_at_)keyslapper(_dot_)org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

"We'll look into it":
  By the time the wheels make a full turn, we
  assume you will have forgotten about it, too.