Re: Executing a program as a recipient from ~/.procmailrc

2003-02-08 15:32:00
Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+procmail(_at_)keyslapper(_dot_)org> wrote:

procmail should not be running as root by the time it reaches t=
heir
~/.procmailrc.  If it is, you have something configured terribl=
y wrong, or
you're invoking it directly via an MTA alias, not as LDA.

I am calling procmail from the MTA.  I am also setting DROPPRIVS=
=3Dyes,
=20

Man.  Can you do something with that quoting, please?  (Hint: "par".)

But I am running procmail with -m.  It is invoked as follows from
sendmail.cf:
procmail -Y -m /etc/procmailrc $u $h

Yes, of course: you're specifically calling /etc/procmailrc as
the rc argument.  But normally the -m flag bypasses the /etc/procmailrc.

This is kind of like putting up a sign on your store counter saying "No
pennies accepted!" and then having a jar of extra pennies for customers
sitting there, in case they might need them to pay the charge.  (Or
something.) :-)

--
dman