Re: flaky recipe -- too bad it's not for pastries

2003-02-13 23:36:38
Yes, the h flag did the trick!  Over 24 hours with no errors.  Thank you to
dman, Don, & David.

It seems like formail should not slam the door on its end of the pipe.  I am
not under the impression that such behavior is common with many other programs
or utilities, otherwise piping in unix would never be used!

Speaking of formail, I would like to return to the problem of generating
certain fields for my autoresponder message.  The recipe again is:

 :0Wh
  * !^FROM_DAEMON
  | (formail -q- -r \
      -XSubject: \
      -XTo: ; \
     echo "From: \"Jeff Orrok\" <REDEEM${LASTMSG}.$SENTTO" ; \
     echo "Reply-To: \"Jeff Orrok\" <REDEEM${LASTMSG}.$SENTTO" ; \
     echo "X-Loop: procmail(_at_)orrok(_dot_)com" ; \
     echo ; echo "Hello, you sent a message with the above subject to $SENTTO"
; \
     cat $HOME/autoreply.text ; \
    ) 2>>ERROR${LASTMSG} | $SENDMAIL $SENDMAILFLAGS -t 2>>ERROR${LASTMSG}

I am under the impression I should be able to use -A to insert the From:
I try, formail does not cooperate.

Regards,

Jeff