RE: Processing Loop

2003-02-14 15:51:25

-----Original Message-----
From: procmail-admin(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
[mailto:procmail-admin(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE]On Behalf Of
Terry Mac
Millan
Sent: 14. februar 2003 23:28
To: procmail(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
Subject: Re: Processing Loop

The canonical way to prevent loops is to add an X-Loop: header on
messages that might loop (like, say, because they're be re-mailed), and
test for the same header on incoming messages.  The man pages have
explanations and examples of this usage.

The spam program puts a X-header in, I just am not sure how to build the
rule in procmail that if that header exists before it goes to process
through the spam detection system, just deliver it and exit. From my
readings I know there are flags for the rules that tell it to not
do this if
that was done etc.. but I am not sure how to make it do the delivery then
exit.

something like this should do the trick:

MY_XLOOP     = "X-Loop: $MY_EMAIL"   # or any string at all
NL = "
"

# the nxt recepie will not match if previously sent

:0
*  some matching....
*$ ! $MY_XLOOP
{
        LOG = "** RULE: FORWARDING MAIL $NL"

        :0
        | $FORMAIL -A"$MY_XLOOP" | $SENDMAIL -oi adr(_at_)domain(_dot_)com

Fredrik Rødland         Stocknet                                Mob  : +47 992
19 817
Technical Architect     http://www.stocknet.com         Fax  : +47 910 73 621