Re: Spammish?

2003-02-15 15:07:36
On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 the voices made fleet(_at_)teachout(_dot_)org write:

I get very little BCC'd mail; but thanks for reminding me.  The one I
*did* get a week or so ago *did* show up in my spam box.  So it was a
"false positive."  I'd completely forgotten about it.  I could fix that, I
suppose, with another white list of "trusted" correspondents; but having
to do that would really irritate me! :)

I really don't know how to handle BCC'd mail.  Any suggestions?

 Yeah, autowhitelist everyone you send an e-mail to.

 If you control the server you might want to use procmail for your outgoing
e-mails, otherwise simply Bcc yourself and let procmail deal with it as a
normal incoming e-mail.

 BUT... even though these autowhitelists might save a lot of those Bcc's from
being classified as spam it won't catch all of them, so filtering based on ^TO_
is a bad(ish) idea.

--