Re: Dead.letter file from sendmail

2003-02-20 05:20:02
On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 01:04:29PM +0100, Mueller, Thomas wrote:

Formail -s sendmail dead.letter but nothing happend........which
parameter do I have to use?

First, move dead.letter somwhere absolutely out of the path of
any stdout from your processes.  Then: you forgot the stdin
redirector:

        formail -s sendmail < file

But perhaps you want to use "procmail" instead of sendmail in there.
I'm unclear on what you are trying to accomplish with the messages
in that folder.  Will sendmail grok their headers as you wish?  I'd
test this on one message first that you expect to go somewhere you
control.

--
dman