Re: SPF+SRS vs. BATV

2005-07-06 08:59:11
On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Dick St.Peters wrote:

Stuart D. Gathman writes:
"Forwarding" (in the sense of the above) is only a problem for some
domains - typically large ones who don't want to coordinate
setting up this type of forwarding with users.

Almost all the domains for which I forward are small.  The typical
size is about 5 users.  The domains they want me to forward *to* are
usually huge - AOL, MSN, Yahoo, and RoadRunner being the most common
destinations.

You are not the real domain.  The real domain is where the mail ends
up.  You are providing an alias for the actual domain.  You are
like a symlink in a unix filesystem - not the real file, but another
name for the real file.  So the forwarding service that you
provide is a problem for large domains when the large domain
doesn't know who their forwarders are.