[spf-discuss] Re: Fw: SRS vs BATV

2006-02-17 03:44:16
David Mazieres (no direct replies) wrote:

http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/mail-archive/msg03875.html

Omigod, the phase when all those zombies posted "yes, we'll
deploy SenderID" :-(  Harry apparently said that PRA picks
an address found in a header field, and that address stays
whatever it used to be before the acronym PRA was invented
(by among others Harry, pat. pend.)

Apparently no contradiction to what I posted here.

if you update MUAs to display the Resent-Sender PRA or
whatever, why not update them just to pull the envelope
sender out of the Received-SPF header?

Or out of the Return-Path.  For unknown (to me) reasons
MS exchange allegedly eliminates most header fields, and
Outlook would never see a Return-Path.  Just guessing. it
could be something else.  They wanted to address phishing,
not forged Return-Paths, two different problems resulting
in two different (wannabe-) solutions is no big surprise.

                            Bye, Frank