Re: [dkim-ops] Adding dkim signatures based on envelope-from

2009-07-06 10:57:56
ram wrote:
I want to sign outgoing mails based on the envelope-from domain. Not on
the header-from

How do I do this. I am using postfix dkim-milter

RFC 4871 requires the binding of the 5322.From.   To bind the
5321.MailFrom, probably binding 5322.Sender is the best option.   You
can't guarantee 5322.Return-Path will survive hence not recommended.

From  5.5.  Recommended Signature Content

   The following header fields SHOULD be included in the signature, if
   they are present in the message being signed:

   o  From (REQUIRED in all signatures)
   o  Sender, Reply-To
   o  Subject
   o  Date, Message-ID
   o  To, Cc
   o  MIME-Version
   o  Content-Type, Content-Transfer-Encoding, Content-ID,
Content-Description
   o  Resent-Date, Resent-From, Resent-Sender, Resent-To, Resent-Cc,
      Resent-Message-ID
   o  In-Reply-To, References
   o  List-Id, List-Help, List-Unsubscribe, List-Subscribe, List-Post,
      List-Owner, List-Archive

   The following header fields SHOULD NOT be included in the signature:

   o  Return-Path
   o  Received
   o  Comments, Keywords

--