Re: [dkim-ops] Adding dkim signatures based on envelope-from

2009-07-07 03:31:12
On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 10:40:10AM +0530, ram
<ram(_at_)netcore(_dot_)co(_dot_)in> wrote:
Well yes & no. I meant to ask wether it was allowed in dkim and also how
could I do it Unfortunately I am as new to dkim  as I am to
dkim-milter :-)

I guess I will *have* to read the rfc's after all. But from what I have
been reading , it is possible to use domainkeys of domain in
Envelope-From: ( For eg this very mail to the mailing list uses
domainkeys of mipassoc.org .. and not the from: header)

As a previous response suggested, you can sign with basically any
identity for which you can publish a key. There's no real established
convention for what value the receiver might place on such a signature,
however.

One point of clarification: DomainKeys and DKIM are not exactly the same
thing, although they operate on similar principles and the latter is
derived from the former (though with numerous changes during the
development and standardization processes). If you wish to sign with
both, you'll either need to implement dk-milter alongside dkim-milter or
you'll need to find another piece of software that does both.

For the manuals , I was referring to dkim.org & the sendmail site
But the dkim-milter is IMHO is not greatly documented. What do you guys
use for dkim signing ?

dkim-milter's manpages are pretty extensive (see dkim-filter(8) and
dkim-filter.conf(5)). For additional questions specific to that
implementation, there's a pretty active mailing list that would be
a much better form (dkim-milter-discuss(_at_)lists(_dot_)sourceforge(_dot_)net).

FWIW, I'm not aware of a way to do what you're asking in the milter
today, but you'll certainly get further in discussing new features on
that list.

--
Mike Markley <mike(_at_)markley(_dot_)org>

Live long and prosper.
- Spock, "Amok Time", stardate 3372.7