Re: [dkim-ops] Who uses DKIM these days?

2010-11-09 10:12:02
John Levine wrote:
An acquaintance at a largish government agency which is sometimes a
phish target is trying to persuade the local powers that be that it
would be a good idea to DKIM sign their outgoing mail.

Since no government agency wants to be the first to do anything, do we
know of other agencies that sign or verify with DKIM?

Made a quick search through about 1000 distinct non-spam signing
domains that sent us more than 5 messages during the last two months,
and I could only recognize two:

  d=govtlab.gov.hk, http://www.govtlab.gov.hk/english/home.htm
  d=serpro.gov.br,  http://www.serpro.gov.br/instituicao/quem

For that matter, are there any reasonably good lists of significant
signers or verifiers?

I have a list of about 40 DKIM (or DK) signing domains of universities,
faculties and some academic/research institutes which I use for mild
whitelisting (just in case) based on their valid signature. Perhaps
the list could be used in courtesy listings at dwl.spamhaus.org, or
maybe some less black & white form of a reputation DNS list could
be introduced at spamhaus.org.

I know about Google, Yahoo, and Paypal, but I
was hoping for a longer list.

I can send you a top-100 (or more) list of signing domains, based on
the number of messages we receive, if you are interested.

  Mark