Multidrop + duplicates

2001-02-24 23:34:12
Greetings.

I took a quick look through the list archives and found someone
who had precisely the same problem/question that I do.

Justin Murdock <justin(_at_)quick-hacks(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

The `Bug':
Against all the advice I'm using fetchmail to do multidrop
collection. My ISP inserts X-Envelope-To headers Mail sent to
multiple recipients ends up being stored as multiple messages
in my pop box Such mail is only delivered to the first person
on the list.

My fix:
I got fed up of this little niggle, so had a poke with the
source. Where envelope addresses are stored with the message
duplicate suppression isn't needed.

To which Eric S. Raymond <esr(_at_)thyrsus(_dot_)com> replied:

I've changed the code since in a way that I think does
something equivalent to this.  It would be helpful if you
tested it.

Just to make this clear for myself:  Will the latest versions of
fetchmail revert to pre-version 5.0.8 behaviour and deliver
messages to everyone they are actually supposed to go to in
multidrop mode, rather than throwing away adjacent duplicates
(as all of the 5.x versions I've tried do)?  Is there a switch
to turn this on/off?  Or do I still have to stick with using a
4.x version to get the behaviour I want?

Thanks.

Andrew Klaassen