testing fetchmail question

2001-02-26 12:36:55
Hello:  The following occurs and I would like to confirm with the experts:
fetchmail: 5.4.0 querying mail.source.net (protocol IMAP) at Mon, 26 Feb 2001
11:09:19 -0800 (PST)
fetchmail: IMAP< +OK QPOP (version 3.0) at nexus6.source.net starting.
fetchmail: IMAP> A0001 CAPABILITY
fetchmail: IMAP< -ERR Unknown command: "a0001".
fetchmail: IMAP< -ERR POP timeout
fetchmail: IMAP< +OK Pop server at nexus6.source.net signing off.
fetchmail: Unknown login or authentication error on
tompoe(_at_)mail(_dot_)source(_dot_)net
fetchmail: socket error while fetching from mail.source.net
fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)
fetchmail: normal termination, status 2
Done.

My take on this, is that all is well, except the socket thing.  I
double-checked to make sure I entered username and password, correctly.  Anyone
seen this before?  A really green linux baby, Tom