Re: testing fetchmail question

2001-02-26 13:16:58
tompoe wrote:
Hello:  The following occurs and I would like to confirm with the experts:
fetchmail: 5.4.0 querying mail.source.net (protocol IMAP) at Mon, 26 Feb 2001
11:09:19 -0800 (PST)
fetchmail: IMAP< +OK QPOP (version 3.0) at nexus6.source.net starting.
fetchmail: IMAP> A0001 CAPABILITY
fetchmail: IMAP< -ERR Unknown command: "a0001".
[...]
My take on this, is that all is well, except the socket thing.  I
double-checked to make sure I entered username and password, correctly.  Anyone
seen this before?  A really green linux baby, Tom

All is not well at all.  You're trying to talk IMAP to a POP server.
You must have told fetchmail to talk IMAP but told it to use port 110
(the POP3 port) rather than letting it use port 143 (the IMAP port).

Try changing "imap" to "pop3" in your .fetchmailrc, or else change
"110" to "143".

--
==============================|   "A microscope locked in on one point
 Rob Funk <rfunk(_at_)funknet(_dot_)net> |Never sees what kind of room that