Re: testing fetchmail question

2001-03-01 12:34:54
On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

Hm. That's a bug; I'll investigate.
--

Hi, Eric:  Went into the fetchmailconf and looked at what I had done.  Then,
tried to recollect what the exact steps were.  As best as I can remember, I
The IMAP server said:
* OK nexus6.source.net IMAP4rev1 v12.264 server ready - - - with added verbage.

This morning, I ran fetchmailconf and looked at the settings.  Indeed, it was
sitting on the IMAP radio button.  I set it to POP3, then ran fetchmail.
Here's what I got:

 fetchmail
34 messages for tompoe at mail.source.net (100790 octets).
reading message 1 of 34 (2420 octets) .. flushed
reading message 2 of 34 (4348 octets) .... flushed
reading message 3 of 34 (1900 octets) . flushed
reading message 4 of 34 (4619 octets) .... flushed
reading message 5 of 34 (1891 octets) . flushed

I then opened mutt, but no messages.  Keep in mind, I've yet to RTFM.  At any
rate, I then went back to fetchmail.conf and looked again.  This time, the IMAP
radio button was reselected.  I reset it to POP3, and ran fetchmail.  This is
what I got:
tompoe(_at_)aether:~ > fetchmail
fetchmail: client/server protocol error while fetching from mail.source.net
fetchmail: Query status=4 (PROTOCOL)

At this point, I have now gummed up the works, such that both POP3 and IMAP
return the same error.  So, I think I'll return to predownload status, and
RTFM, find some instructions on what steps to follow, and how to do this right.
 At any rate, rest assured, there is no bug as such that I can see.