[fetchmail][BUG] fetchmail can no longer do IMAP message checking

2001-03-05 16:37:13
I'm running fetchmail-ssl on a debian-sid system and use it to do mail checks
with gkrellm.

My command is:
fetchmail -cv

My .fetchmailrc is:

# Configuration created Wed Dec  6 07:23:49 2000 by fetchmailconf
set postmaster "postmaster"
set bouncemail
set properties ""
poll imap.mailserver.com with proto IMAP
       user 'loginname' there with password 'password' is loginname here
options keep folder "inbox" ssl

Using fetchmail 5.6.7, I get the following:

fetchmail: 5.6.7 querying imap.mailserver.com (protocol unknown?!?) at Mon Mar
fetchmail: Issuer Organization: Courier Mail Server
fetchmail: Issuer CommonName: imap.mailserver.com
fetchmail: Server CommonName: imap.mailserver.com
fetchmail: Issuer Organization: Courier Mail Server
fetchmail: Issuer CommonName: imap.mailserver.com
fetchmail: Server CommonName: imap.mailserver.com
fetchmail: IMAP< * OK Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2000 Double Precision,
Inc.  See COPYING for distribution information.
fetchmail: IMAP> A0001 CAPABILITY
fetchmail: IMAP< * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 CHILDREN NAMESPACE
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT
fetchmail: IMAP< A0001 OK CAPABILITY completed
fetchmail: IMAP> A0002 LOGIN "loginname" "*"
fetchmail: IMAP< A0002 OK LOGIN Ok.
fetchmail: IMAP> A0003 EXAMINE "inbox"
fetchmail: IMAP< * FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Recent)
fetchmail: IMAP< * OK [PERMANENTFLAGS ()] No permanent flags permitted
fetchmail: IMAP< * 334 EXISTS
fetchmail: IMAP< * 0 RECENT
fetchmail: IMAP< * OK [UIDVALIDITY 974488968]
fetchmail: IMAP< A0003 OK [READ-ONLY] Ok
fetchmail: IMAP> A0004 SEARCH UNSEEN
fetchmail: IMAP< * SEARCH
fetchmail: IMAP< A0004 OK SEARCH done.
334 messages (334 seen) for loginname at imap.mailserver.com (folder inbox).
fetchmail: IMAP> A0005 LOGOUT
fetchmail: IMAP< * BYE Courier-IMAP server shutting down
fetchmail: IMAP< A0005 OK LOGOUT completed
fetchmail: normal termination, status 1

Using any subsequent release up to 5.7.1 (5.7.2 is not available yet in sid)
produces:

fetchmail: 5.7.1 querying imap.mailserver.com (protocol IMAP) at Mon Mar  5
10:45:06 2001
[...]
fetchmail: mailbox selection failed
fetchmail: IMAP> A0004 LOGOUT
fetchmail: IMAP< * BYE Courier-IMAP server shutting down
fetchmail: IMAP< A0004 OK LOGOUT completed
fetchmail: lock busy on server error while fetching from imap.mailserver.com
fetchmail: normal termination, status 9

All later versions think that 'mailbox selection failed' even though it is
apparent that fetchmail could select the mailbox with no problems.  I checked
with my IMAP system admin and he even upgraded our IMAP server to see if that
would solve the problem but it didn't.

Is anybody else experiencing this?  Would someone fix it?  The bug was
definitely introduced in 5.6.8.

Thanks,
Michael Lee

PS: Would someone please tell me how I access subfolders within "inbox"?