Re: [fetchmail]authentication problems

2001-03-09 11:20:53
Nick Bruton <nick(_dot_)bruton(_at_)bristol(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk>:
I'm trying to run fetchmail from a linux box to an NT box but no matter
what I do it wont authenticate me, (I've even read the FAQ !!) here is
the error message ...

Before release, 5.7.2 succeeded in regression tests against nine different
CRAM-MD5-supporting servers.  What happens when you specify "auth login"?
Are you sure your login/password pair is OK?

I suppose that server could have a broken CRAM-MD5 implementation.
"MailSite" is not one I've encountered before.

(For the record, the server greeting line:
fetchmail: POP3< +OK MailSite POP3 Server 4.2.4.0 Ready)
--

The two pillars of `political correctness' are,
  a) willful ignorance, and