[fetchmail]fetchmail w/o sendmail?

2001-03-09 00:15:44
At the end of April, sendmail is going to be
disabled on all our local workstations (due to
fear of malicious hacking on the part of the
powers that be.)

I've been preparing for this (I thought) by figuring
out how to use fetchmail to grab my mail automatically
from one of our central pop servers. Now that I know a
little bit more about fetchmail, I'm concerned that
fetchmail won't work at all with sendmail disabled.

I did download fetchpop from another site and got that
to work, but fetchpop has some quirks I don't like.
(adding "from fetchpop" lines, poor file locking, etc.)

Is there a way to use fetchmail without
a mail delivery agent or procmail?