Re: [fetchmail]Problems with sendmail

2001-05-07 11:31:43
From: "Uwe Paucker"

Hi, i set up a new linux box (SuSE 7.0, i386) with sendmail 8.11. I can send Mails, but i cant receive mails.

Fetchmail reported Domain of Sender does not resolv.

Is it a Sendmail or Fetchmail problem.

Going from your statement above it's a fetchmail problem :-)  However...

Any Idea ??

...would need to see log entries to be certain but it sounds like sendmail is rejecting the email because it's coming from an invalid domain (one that doesn't have a DNS entry).

You can bodge this by adding the appropriate line to your sendmail.mc and rebuilding sendmail.cf. Details in op.me in your Sendmail distro or from the sendmail.org site. I think the one you're looking for is allow_unresolvable_domains.

Rob